The Managers of Tomorrow Scheme
The Council’s Scheme for Graduate Management Trainees
The Managers of Tomorrow Scheme is a unique opportunity for anyone with a degree (or equivalent or higher) to develop a career as a manager in Gwynedd Council.
If you have ever considered that you would like the opportunity to work for local government, then the Managers of Tomorrow Scheme is the opportunity for you.
Watch this video to get a taste of the scheme:
Purpose of the Scheme
The purpose of the Managers of Tomorrow Scheme is to develop managers of the highest calibre to undertake key management posts across the Council. The scheme gives an opportunity for future managers to gain experiences, networks and qualifications needed to build a firm foundation on which to start your career within leadership and management.
The Council is pleased that the majority of the successful candidates have gained a permanent post in the Council at the end of the Scheme, and the majority are in a leadership or management post by now.
Overview of the Scheme
Here’s an overview of the scheme:
- The scheme's duration is two years
- During the two years, the successful candidate will receive all possible support and resources to gain a higher-level professional qualification.
- The trainee will experience working within various departments and will contribute to the managerial work under supervision in a range of Services across the county.
- There will be an opportunity to gain valuable experiences that go beyond the usual, to address the political, strategic, executive and front-line work, which are integral elements of the council's functions.
- There will be continual support and reviews throughout the two years to ensure that the successful candidates get the best out of the scheme.
In taking advantage of the above, the prospective manager will develop the confidence, skills, and understanding of the behaviours required to be an effective Gwynedd Council manager.
The pay scale will be £22,434 - £24,717 (Grade S2).
The exact salary point will be dependent upon progress.
There will be up to 2 posts available.
What are the basic requirements?
The candidates must reach the basic requirements below to apply:
- You must have (or are expected to be awarded) a 2:1 degree or higher. Your degree can be in any field. You are qualified to apply whenever you graduated.
- You must be fluent in both Welsh and English
- You must hold a GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics, Welsh, English and Science
- You are passionate about working in local government
- You have shown a willingness to lead others e.g. in an educational situation (school, college, university), sports, social, community or work.
Here is a link to the e-information pack that provides detailed information about the scheme:
Make an application:
The closing date for submitting an application has been.
For more information, contact Alun Lloyd Williams on (01286) 679 599.