Calibration and testing facilities
We offer a calibration and testing service which checks whether your weights and measures are correct. For more information and fee details, contact the Public Protection (Industry) Manager on 01286 682728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Farm animals and On-farm feed mixing
If you mix foodstuffs which contain certain additives in order to feed your own animals, you must register and comply with conditions.
The application form should be sent to Penrallt office, Caernarfon (details below).
If you rent out a property, you should ensure that the furniture is safe.
It's illegal to sell goods like tobacco, alcohol or videos to children who are under the legal age.
The Good Practice Award Scheme works with businesses and recognises responsible traders. Good practice includes:
- displaying the statutory tobacco signage (available from Trading Standards)
- displaying a 'Underage? Don't ask!' poster
- give training on the law to all members of staff, and ensure that they ask for ID and refuse to sell if necessary; display a sticker by the point of sale to remind staff
- keep a record of all refusals on a register
- 'no ID, no sale' policy
- accepting only certain types of ID, e.g. Citizen Card, ValidateUK, passport, driving licence with photo
- use security cameras.
Carrier bag charge
Single use carrier bags can no longer be given away for free when people buy goods from a seller.
The minimum charge to the customer for each single use carrier bag is 5p.
Trading Standards, Cyngor Gwynedd, Penrallt, Caernarfon, LL55 1BN
Trading Standards, Cyngor Gwynedd, Ffordd y Cob, Pwllheli, LL53 5AA
01341 422 341
Trading Standards, Cyngor Gwynedd, Cae Penarlâg, Dolgellau, LL40 2YB