If you are a disabled person living in Gwynedd you are eligible to receive a free disabled person’s bus pass.
The bus pass will enable you to travel for free on any local buses in Wales (some exceptions apply – see the application form).
The pass can also be used on the Conwy Valley line for a period of 12 months until the 31st of March 2015.
You can use your bus pass as frequently as you wish, but you will need to show your pass every time you travel. During school terms there will be some restrictions of travel on some trains:
06:10 Pwllheli - Machynlleth between Barmouth and Tywyn
07:34 Pwllheli - Machynlleth between Penrhyndeudraeth and Harlech
12:56 Machynlleth - Pwllheli between Harlech and Penrhyndeudraeth
14:56 Machynlleth - Pwllheli between Tywyn and Barmouth
How much does the bus pass cost?
The bus pass is available for free.
PLEASE NOTE: If you already have a concessionary railcard there will be a cost of £16 for the bus pass.
Can I get a card?
You can claim a disabled person’s bus pass if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability, or have suffered an injury which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on your ability to walk.
- do not have arms or have long term loss of the use of both arms.
- have a severe learning disability.
- have been refused a driving licence because of your physical fitness.
How do I apply?
Download the application form below and return the completed form to the address noted on the form itself.
- Bus pass for disabled people – download application form
To request a paper copy of the application form, please complete our online enquiry form or call 01766 771000.
When returning the form, remember to enclose proof of your eligibility (these are noted on the form itself).
Refused driving licence
If your driving licence has been refused for medical reasons, it is possible that you are eligible to receive a free bus pass. More information is available on the application form itself:
I have lost my bus pass. What should I do?
Please contact us by calling 01766 771000. There will be a cost of £5 to receive a new bus pass.
Is my card valid?
Your pass WILL NOT work if:
- it has been reported lost or stolen
- it has been used fraudulently in the past
- you are no longer entitled to concessionary travel
- it has been replaced by a more recent pass
For further information, click here
Yellow Travel Card Scheme
If you require assistance when travelling on the bus or train you can apply for a Yellow Travel Card - click here to fill out an application form or contact the Integrated Transport Unit for further information by calling 01766 771000.
If you can not find the information you are looking for on this page, contact us by using an online enquiry form below:
You can also contact us by calling 01766 771000.