The items at Lloyd George Museum and Highgate, his childhood home, help us to understand the former Prime Minister's life and times between 1863 and 1945. He as a great statesman - he introduced a pension for the elderly; he was Prime Minister during the First World War; he gave women the vote - but he failed to solve the problems in Ireland.
Find us / contact us
Lloyd George Museum
Location on the map
*Please note: last admission 4pm (3pm in October)
You can hire Lloyd George Theatre for up to 50 people with spaces for wheelchairs - contact us.
What can be seen here?
- a unique display of objects - caskets and scrolls presented to him as freedom honours, medals, paintings, pictures, documents such as the Versailles Treaty, 'Lloyd George's crown', costumes and personal items
- film about Lloyd George and an amazing talking head
- Victorian classroom
- library and web access point
Highgate is furnished as it was when Lloyd George lived here as a child between 1864 and 1880. The original desks of Lloyd George and his brother can be seen here, and the shoemaker's workshop has been recreated. You can enjoy the Victorian cottage garden.
- learn about the famous statesman
- wear Victorian clothes
- enjoy a lesson in the Victorian classroom
- learn more about the shoemaking craft at Uncle Lloyd's workshop
- cook food on the open fire
- wash clothes using the tub, dolly and mangle
A full education service is offered, including an information pack for teachers with worksheets and factsheets.
Suitable for KSs 1, 2 and 3 in many curriculum subjects, and History GCSE / A Level.
Friends of the Museum
Join the Friends in order to help keep the memory of Lloyd George alive. We:
- provide help and support for the Museum's development and educational use, and support new developments
- arrange and promote lectures and events
- raise money for purchasing suitable items for display and research.
View 2013-2014 programme
Download membership form
Chairman - Emrys Williams
President - Philip George
Treasurer - Dafydd H Williams
Secretary - Richard J Roberts
Friends of Lloyd George Museum, Llanystumdwy, Cricieth, Gwynedd, LL52 0SH
Charity number: 1062771