Gwynedd Council’s telephone customer contact centre has been named the best in Britain of the councils which took part in a recent survey.
The survey reviewed a number of local authority contact centres across the UK, and Gwynedd Council’s Centre, Galw Gwynedd, came out on top with an average score of 90% over the last 12 months.
The review was conducted by mystery shoppers – people employed to pose as customers requesting services or information from Galw Gwynedd. The contact centre’s staff were scored on various aspects of their work such as politeness and professionalism, willingness to help and the time taken to answer queries.
Councillor Alwyn Gruffydd, Gwynedd Council’s Customer Care Portfolio Holder, said:
“I’m delighted to hear the good news that Galw Gwynedd service has been recognised by Magpie Research Services as one of the best in the country. Gwynedd Council is committed to providing the people of the county with the best possible service and I would like to congratulate the staff for their hard work.”
Thanks to Galw Gwynedd, a wide range of Gwynedd Council’s services are just one phone call away. The centre deals with an average of around 5,000 queries and requests a week, including:
- Parking – requests for parking permits or season tickets
- Registration – births and deaths
- Payments – such as the Council Tax
- Highways – for example requests and enquiries about the gritting service
- Waste collection – enquiries about the recycling, composting and other waste collection services.
In some cases staff at Galw Gwynedd transfer the customer to another officer within the relevant department who are able to provide the right guidance.
Galw Gwynedd works hand in hand with Gwynedd Council’s other customer care services. Two new Siop Gwynedd offices have opened at Dolgellau and Pwllheli, which will be a one-stop-shops for all of the Council’s services under one roof, ideal for those who like to deal with Council staff face-to-face. Council’s services are also available online, which is convenient for those who may not be able to contact the Council during work hours, and work is underway to extend the amount of services available on the website.
- Galw Gwynedd can be contacted on 01766 771000, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm.
- Siop Gwynedd at Cae Penarlâg Dolgellau and Ffordd y Cob Pwllheli are open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Visit the Gwynedd Council website on www.gwynedd.gov.uk