A Resident Parking Scheme is in force in areas of Dolgellau, Pwllheli and Caernarfon:
- Ffordd Aran / Arran Road
- Heol Plas Uchaf / Springfield Street
Go to the List of Houses for Resident Parking Scheme to see which houses in these streets are included in the scheme.
- Yr Ala
- Ala Uchaf
- St Peter's Terrace / Lleiniau
- 1 - 7 Priordy Terrace / Vinegar Hill
If you live in one of these houses you will have already received an information pack in the post.
You can buy a Residents’ Parking Permit if your main residence is part of the scheme. The permit will allow you to park without restriction in a ‘residents’ bay’. Only one permit per household is allowed.
Applying for a Residents’ Parking Permit
You can apply for a Residents’ Parking Permit (valid for 12 months) by calling 01766 771000.
To apply you will need to provide:
- Personal details – full name, address, post code, telephone number
- Vehicle details – registration number, make (e.g. Ford), model, colour
- Payment – a 12 month permit costs £50 – you can pay by phone using a debit card or by sending a cheque or postal order (payable to Gwynedd Council) along with your documents
- After making your application over the phone you will need to send us 2 documents before we can send you the permit. Please post the following to Galw Gwynedd, Cyngor Gwynedd, Uned 2, Parc Busnes Eryri, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd LL48 6LD:
- a photocopy of one document that proves where you live, e.g. rent book, council tax bill, water/electricity/gas bill
- a photocopy of one document that proves you are the owner of the vehicle, e.g. vehicle registration documents, hiring/leasing agreement showing your name, a recent letter from your employer if it is a work car or van
Applying for a Visitors’ Parking Permit
You can buy a Visitors’ Parking Permit which allows someone visiting your home to park in a ‘residents’ bay’ for up to 24 hours.
The permits are available in books of 10 at a cost of £5.
To buy a Visitors’ Parking Permit call 01766 771000.
What if something happens to my permit or I change my car?
Call 01766 771000 to arrange a new permit:
- Replace a damaged permit £10
- Replace a lost permit £20
- Transfer permit to another vehicle £10
This is a 12 month pilot scheme which will be revised at the end of this period.
For more information about the scheme call 01766 771000.