As part of this work, the Gwynedd Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership have been asking parents, employers and childcare providers to complete a survey in order to see whether their needs are met. The name of everyone who completed the survey was entered into a prize draw for a chance to win a variety of prizes. The winners included:
- £100 towards the cost of registered childcare – Julie Dobson
- Family ticket to the Den, Llanberis – Franka Piper
- Family ticket to Greenwood Forest Park, Y Felinheli – Ruth Wyn Williams & Vanessa West
- Family ticket to the Hwylfan in Caernarfon – Ffion M. Williams
- Family ticket to Gwynedd Leisure Centres – Emma Green (Arfon), Stephanie Brazier (Meirionnydd), Karen Jones (Dwyfor)
- Family ticket on the Llyn Tegid Railway, Y Bala – Margaret Roberts & Cerys Jones
As well as collecting the opinions of parents and carers, the partnership was also keen to gain the views of children and young people about the facilities which are available to them outside school hours. Survey postcards were sent out to pupils in year 5 and 6 in primary schools and years 7, 8 and 9 in Gwynedd secondary schools – and the response was fantastic with around a thousand cards returned. There was a prize of £100 for one of the schools whose postcard was selected at random, with the prize going to Ysgol Botwnnog’s School Council.
Sioned Owen, Operational Manager of the Gwynedd Children and Young People’s Partnership said:
“We are very grateful to everyone who has responded and given their opinions, and especially to the children and young people who had their say. These comments will now be considered, and the conclusions will be published to correspond with the Gwynedd Children and Young People’s Plan, ‘Our Plan, Your Plan’.
“As the nature of society changes, ensuring that there is adequate childcare is a very important matter for young families across the country. The information which has been presented to us through this survey will be vitally important as we identify the needs here in Gwynedd and work together in partnership to meet those needs.”
For further information, contact the Gwynedd Information Service for Children, Young People and Families on 01286 675570 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org