From 1 October, 2010, and in accordance with Welsh Assembly Government regulations, the small business rate relief was temporarily amended.
From this date some businesses now qualify for full relief (100%) and others to lower rates of relief (reduced on a tapered basis to zero). The sum of relief is dependant on ratable value thresholds up to a maximum ratable value of £12,000.
There is more information on the Welsh Government website (external link )
The document should be read in conjunction with the information on the Rate Relief page on this website, as some of the criteria there remain relevant (particular attention is drawn to note 3 on the Welsh Assembly document)
If you are uncertain of the level of relief applicable to your business, to discuss revised payment arrangements, or for general information about rate relief, please contact us using the contact details below:
- Phone: (01286) 682712 or (01286) 682709
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: Taxation Service, Gwynedd Council, Finance Dept. Penrallt, Caernarfon,
Payment difficulties and further assistance for businesses
If you’re having difficulty in paying the non domestic rates during this difficult economic climate, or if you have any questions regarding non domestic rates, contact Gwynedd Council’s Taxation Service using the contact details above
The following contacts may also be of help to you:
- For information about initiatives to support local businesses, contact the Business Support Unit on 01286 679778 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Wales (Welsh Government's business support website) / Tel: 03000 6 03000