Gwynedd Council is committed to being open and protect information where appropriate. Every person living in Gwynedd has the right to see information held by the Council e.g. environmental information, general information such as decisions, policies etc, and the personal information the Council holds about you.
You can access this information under various pieces of legislation listed below:
• For further information on how to request general information visit
Freedom of Information Act 2000
e.g. How much was spent on refreshments at council meetings and functions between 2007-09?
Could you please supply me with food hygiene reports of suppliers of fresh and cooked meats to educational establishments in the county over the past 3 years?
• For further information on how to request environmental information visit
Environmental Information Regulations 2004
e.g. How much did it cost the authority to carry out gritting of the roads last winter?
Could you tell me the number of people prosecuted or fined for fly-tipping between 2004-06?
• For further information on how to request personal information about yourself visit
Data Protection Act 1998
e.g. I was at a children’s home in Gwynedd between 1983-1987. Could you please send me all the personal information you have about me from this period of time?
• As part of the Data Protection Act you have the right to see CCTV images of yourself and to receive a copy. For further information visit CCTV
• Wales Accord on the Sharing of Personal Information (WASPI)